Steve Cohen wrote:
What is the "right" way to express such links in javadoc? Relative paths? is there some sort of "root" notation that would correctly resolve intra-project javadoc links such as these? Finally, can maven, which generates these page from source help somehow in setting these up?

You should use @link tags for intra-project links.

For example [EMAIL PROTECTED] org.apache.commons.net.FTPParser}

(I'm not sure if that's a real class...)

If it's in a @see tag, you can just put the classname without the @link notation. Recent versions of Eclipse will actually tell you if the Javadoc is referring to a class that doesn't work.

As far as I know, there's nothing special Maven does with regard to intra-project Javadocs. But for external Javadoc links, you can set the maven.javadoc.links property to a comma separated list of Javadoc URLs
(such as http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs)