What if we maintained "Citation Numbers" in the javadoc and then maintained references to external sources in the Math Site documentation?

Al Chou wrote:

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

psteitz     2004/07/01 22:29:14

Modified: math/src/java/org/apache/commons/math/stat/univariate/moment
Kurtosis.java Skewness.java
Log:
Removed link to external definition, as formula has been added to javadoc.

Maybe it's my grad school experiences talking, but I would prefer to retain links to external references. That way if a user (or even one of us developers) ever needs to look up the original references, its easy to do, and there's an explicit statement of which source of information we used, rather than doing a Web search and wondering which (if any) of the resulting resources was the original reference. Maybe that doesn't matter to anyone but me?

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou