I am counting votes for [codec] and I have a question on counting
binding votes for any Commons sub-project release really. I see (+1)
replies from the following groups of people:

(1) People listed in a given commons sub-project as Members in
project.xml).

(2) Jakarta Commons committers as listed on
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/contributors.html.

(3) People listed in a given commons sub-project as Contributors in
project.xml.

Clearly votes from group 1 are binding. What about from group 2? I can
see that 3 would be non-binding since they lack committer status.

Thanks,
Gary