Gary Gregory wrote:
I am not that crazy with anything of the form "parseProduct". What if
there was, or surely going to be 2, then 10 such methods for CVS. Then a
CvsUtils or some such class would be better. Does this belongs in a
separate class if not in the sandbox?

Sorry for not jumping into this thread earlier. The DateUtils is my submission, so I should probably explain parseCVS...

It does NOT parse any dates from CVS, so it isn't related to ant or any other tool. From using CVS, you can checkout code as of "yesterday", "a week ago", or "last Thursday." CVS parses this human date expression and calculates that date for you. That is the behavior I was trying to emulate... support a more human readable date parser. It's not a great name, but CVS was the language parsing rule I was based on.

I've got no special urge to keep it in lang, if others do not want.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech >>> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com