Hi.  I am new to this list and have joined to ask some questions
regarding the commons caching subproject.  I think there is a definite
need in the java community for a thin wrapper around caching
implementations such as EHCache, JCS, or SwarmCache.  This wrapper would
wrap cache implementations the way commons logging wrapped logging
implementations.  I looked at the commons caching page and there is
little explanation of the purpose of the project aside from the name.
The project almost seems like yet another caching implementation in
itself, not a thin wrapper  (I could be wrong though since I just
quickly looked it over.).

I am wondering what the aim of commons caching is and if it's still
actively being developed?  Thanks.

Karl