> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello Craig,
> >
> >         I have a good and a bad news.
> >         The good is that the problem is fixed in CVS
> > (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPANT-16),
> but the bad is that the ant plugin
> > wasn't release before maven 1.0.
> >         If this bug is really annoying (what I understand) I can publish a new
> > release for the
> ant plugin. Do you want?
> >

> Phew ... at least it wasn't my stupidity :-).

;-)

> As to what to do, that would seem sort of dependent on how Maven wants
> to handle updates of plugins.  If they are going to have their own
> separate release cycles, then it would make sense to publish an
> updated Ant plugin separately (I presume that plugins are versioned
> like dependencies are, so I can pick the ones I want, right?).  If
> not, you're pretty likely to confuse Maven users if you start
> publishing individual jars with no version info on top of the 1.0
> release.  To say nothing of confusing Maven developers when they get a
> bug report, and have no idea what combination of plugins are actually
> being used by the reporter.

Maven core is published with a set of plugins provided by default.
Now that this first release is out, each plugin have their own release cycles.
A user can update or add a plugin with a command like :

In fact, when we have a doubt to reproduce a bug, the developer can ask the user's
configuration with the -i option for example.
We have regularly some bugs not correctly classified in Jira but we move them ;-)

I will propose to the maven team to release the ant plugin.

Arnaud.