Is jakarta-commons really a project in JIRA? Jelly has one of its own. You can
only do versions by project, not component, so they probably need to be separate.

I don't know if Apache is running the Enterprise version of JIRA, but it seems
to me that commons is probably a project category... although that gets tricky
when you consider it is also a subproject of jakarta :)

If individuals need to go and they can be JIRA projects, then they can fairly
easily be set up as a new product in Bugzilla first, then imported one by one.

Cheers,
Brett