On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 11:42, Reid Pinchback wrote:
> FYI, I've verified that yes, the Digester
> substitution facilities in 1.6 can be used
> to do the same kind of variable substitution
> that Ant has.  Just wanted to send in a note
> so nobody wastes time tackling the same
> problem.  Once Simon has finished merging
> the 1.6 source into the head, I'll post
> the change.  At that poing somebody with
> Wiki godliness should probably indicate the
> issue closed.
>
> Nothing earth-shattering to do it.
> VariableExpansionTestCase was a large part of
> the way there, just needed to take it a little
> bit further.  No changes to functional code are
> needed, just required a combination of the
> substitutor framework, CallMethodRule,
> CallParamRule, and an appropriate initial
> object shoved on the Digester stack.

Cool.

I'm planning to do the merge in about 8 hours from now (this evening my
time). However I don't recall there being any code changes to merge from
the 1.6 release branch into HEAD; just a few javadoc changes, a couple
of ant build scripts for the new example code, etc. So there should be
no problems with posting a patch against CVS HEAD now...

Cheers,

Simon