Sorry for the lack of conformity, I will get right on that. (I pulled this
code from our project where the standard is XxxTEST, and I've never used
Maven.)

Re: the array - yeah, that was a last-minute change away from arrays in the
reader, an oversight I forgot to correct in the writer.

> However, I am not a Codec developer so I believe you should expect
> someone of the developers to evaluate this more.

That would be good to get - can someone look at the implementation and say
whether this looks good for inclusion (assuming I fix the conformity issues
Paul brought up). Mostly I'm concerned about two things:
* does the API seem usable (obviously I'll fix the oversight in the writer
API)
* does the list of tests seem like a reasonable coverage

Because if the code doesn't pass on those grounds then all the work I might
do for conformity will be for naught. :-)

Tim