Gary Gregory wrote:

I recall reading about setting up some resources inside Apache in order
to make unit testing easier. To be frank, this is one of the things that
has kept me from coming back to doing more work on VFS, it is just too
much of a pain to set up the testing locally :-(

This was the first thing I did for VFS. I setup a UML (User Mode Linux) System (comparable with vmWare but only for Linux) - fully preconfigured to successfully pass all VFS test.
So if you do have a linux it should be possible to use this image out of the box. The gzip-9 compress image do have approximately 60 MB.

If wanted, I could provide the configuration files too.

---
Mario