Thanks..  I think that for the level of usage I envision, the flexiblity of
[chain] (and relative maturity) solves the problem, even though [pipeline]
may in a larger sense be more appropriate for my use case.

My usecase, processing data, seems to fit into exactly what [pipeline] does.
In fact, I call it a pipeline.  However, in my own implementation, a
specific valve may shut off execution of future valves, similar to how a
command in the [chain] may not pass on control to the next element in the
chain.  So, from that standpoint, [chain] is more appropriate.

I'm looking forward to using [chain] and see what I can help out on.  I'll
be using it triggered from a Quartz process, so I'll be looking at agility a
bit, but it seems like my needs are even simpler then that:  Put context in
at one end.  Get context out at other end.

Eric