I have just committed the update build.xml file.  It works great on my local
machine.  Craig, you may be interested in this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPANT-7.

I added a fix to the Maven Ant plugin so that included jar's aren't
downloaded when the build.xml is generated by Maven.   This allows us to use
a completely Maven generated Ant file for Email.

Eric