Mark R. Diggory wrote:

I'm sure that works if you can ever get your keys or whatever it is set up so that ssh doesn't want to ask for a password. I have never managed to get that working, and nobody has been able to explain to be - in plain English - what I need to do to get it working.

When I do it, maven always reminds me that I need to use

maven -Dmaven username=psteitz site:sshdeploy

then it does prompt me for a password (actually a few times) and then proceeds to do the update. I always use Linux to do it, though.

Sounds like your trying to do the build on a Windoz box. I'm always frustrated by this as well, its a problem with the cmd shell and Java, not so much Maven. Reguardless, eventually I setup keys to handle the damn problem. The best option I've found is to use a *nix box to do the build.

Regardless, even if Maven managed to upload the 45 bytes, I still
don't think we'd have the site updated properly. ;-)

true, which version of Maven are you using. Granted I havn't tested the build on anything newer than 1.0

the docs folder is old and I believe the build.xml file in the top level
dir is there because Craig uses it to do nightly builds. I wouldn't
attempt building the site using this file, you end up creating a mess.

OK. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the Maven build in commons-build to create the right .tar.gz for uploading / deploying?

You might try setting arguments to the scp/ssh executable to include your username/passwd

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/site/properties.html

I'll hold off on updating the site, why don't you try to get maven to handle your credentials.

-Mark

Martin Cooper wrote:

The wiki page on promoting projects indicates that certain files need
to be updated for the Commons common pages, but doesn't indicate how
to build those pages. I've been trying to figure it out, but my
attempts have so far failed.

Here's what I tried:

1) The Maven build in commons-build seems to generate the right HTML
pages. However, the resulting .tar.gz file doesn't contain those pages
(and in fact, WinZip thinks it's corrupt). So attempting to deploy
from there doesn't work.

2) The 'docs' target in the build file at the top level of Commons
fails, because it's looking for ./site.vsl, which doesn't appear
anywhere in the jakarta-commons repo. Also, just looking at the build
file, it references ../../anakia-project.xml, while that file seems to
be present as ./anakia-project.xml.

Someone must know how this is supposed to work, since I see that the
entries for Email and Transaction now show up in the right place. Can
someone enlighten me as to the correct process (and let me know which
of the two approaches above are supposed to work, if any, so that I
can try to fix them or remove them)?

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper