Ok, this would do it too.

The other way would it make nicer, but you are right it is not required absolutly. (One advantage would be that the parametrized version coulkd use a more efficient type of string processing)

Than we should do the isXXXEnabled tests propertly. Because the most logging is "fine", "finer" or "finest" and we sould avoid this in an working environment.

I'll do this next time.

Regards, Stefan

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

I thought the standard way to handle this is to guard the log
statements with checks if the log level is enabled like:

if (isFineEnabled()) logFine(anyObject1 + "any string" + anyObject2);

which already is possible with LoggerFacade. This would make the
extension obsolete...

Oliver

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:19:13 +0100, Stefan Lützkendorf