The main issue is that my code needs to perform bean introspection on an Object without knowing whether that object is a regular bean or a DynaBean. Sure, I could add a clause like you suggest everywhere I want to do this, but it seems like this is really something that should be handled in PropertyUtils so that introspection information can be cached. The system I'm working on processes tens of thousands of objects at a pass, so creating a new WrapDynaBean for each object when a lookup on the classlass would suffice seems excessive.

Kris

Niall Pemberton wrote:

Maybe you could spell out the issues with PropertyUtils and DynaBeans and
the methods involved and what you're trying to do because its not clear what
your trying to resolve.

I'm don't see much value in the getDynaProperties() method being in
PropertyUtils - all you need to do is make eveything a DynaBean then you can
get the DynaProperties and do whatever you want using the existing
DynaBean/DynaClass methods -  no need for PropertyUtils at all.

DynaBean dynaBean = (bean instanceof DynaBean)
           ? (DynaBean)bean : new WrapDynaBean(bean);

For caching to work people are going to have to change how they create
DynaBeans and I believe its better left up to the environment they're being
used in to implement a caching mechanism - Struts does this for its
DynaActionForm implementation.

Niall

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kris Nuttycombe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>