There aren't any reusable implementations that I can think of.  What do
you picture the Hibernate mapper implementation looking like?

The idea is that your app talks to the Mapper API which is implemented as
sql, hibernate, etc.  However, each implementation will be very specific
to your app.  For example you might have a SqlPersonMapper that knows how
to work with your Person db table using JDBC and then switch to using an
HqlPersonMapper without the app. knowing because it uses the Mapper
interface (or an extended PersonMapper sub-interface).

Mapper really saved me on one project where we designed a new db schema
and wrote a bunch of code to access it and then mgmt. decided to use the
old schema at the last minute.  All I had to do was implement the mappers
differently and the rest of the app. never changed.

David