I tend to agree. I only work with a few commons components at a time. And when using something like Eclipse one can checkout multiple projects by selecting them all. its not that big a deal. Plus from a management standpoint, the component is the atomic unit of the commons, organizing around that is logical.

+1 on A

-Mark

David Graham wrote:
Option B doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Most people are
interested in only a few commons projects so each having their own trunk,
tags, and branches makes sense.  Struts lays out its subprojects using
Option A:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/struts/

David

--- Tim O'Brien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think we ever settled this question.

Which SVN structure are we interested in?

** Option A:

jakarta/
   commons/
       digester/