Matt Sgarlata wrote:

This seems to me that this isn't just a problem with commons; it is a problem with Java itself that .NET already has a very nice solution for. I'm wondering if this isn't something that should be taken care of at the JVM level i.e. - in Java 1.6. The obvious solution seems to be that we need to fix classloaders. They're already a huge nightmare in EJB containers.

How do we go about petitioning Sun for something like this?

Isn't the isolate API (JSR 121) supposed to address this issue ?

Emmanuel Bourg