Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

Oliver Heger wrote:

If this is accepted, we can close the bugs related to XMLConfiguration messing up files on saving (31429, 32240). What do you think?

The last time I pondered if HierarchicalXMLConfiguration could replace XMLConfiguration there was something blocking but I can't remember exactly what, maybe the lack of a save() implementation you fixed earlier, I'll have to check. Do all tests for XMLConfiguration pass with HierarchicalXMLConfiguration ?

Emmanuel Bourg

I have now made HierarchicalXMLConfiguration fully compatible with XMLConfiugration. All tests for XMLConfiguration now run also with HierarchicalXMLConfiguration.

A thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that it is not too trivial to implement all the features of file based configurations (e.g. auto save, constructors) for HierarchicalXMLConfiguration because it cannot inherit from AbstractFileConfiguration. Maybe someone comes up with a more elegant solution?

If noone objects I will now go ahead and make HierarchicalXMLConfiguration the one and only XMLConfiguration we have.

Oliver