The first step to moving to SVN is telling infrastructure exactly what
we need.   The process is as follows:

1. We tell infrastructure what we need (and volunteer to help)

2. jakarta-commons and jakarta-commons-sandbox are migrated to a test
repository

3. If we are happy with what we have after a few days, we can perform
the migration to the real repository and lock the CVS module.

I have some experience with cvs2svn, but the instructions at
http://www.apache.org/dev simply call for a set of instructions which
I've included below.  Because we have an involved migration process I'll
volunteer to help infrastructure.

 Please review the conversion instructions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SubversionConversion