David Graham wrote:
--- Daniel Florey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BTW: Another advantage of this approach would be that imports would
indicate
which version of the component is in use. I had a lot of trouble to find
out, which version of jdom was in use by some libraries as this was not
indicated by the name of the jar.

The version may be listed in the manifest file.

This is really pushing the limits of my classloading knowledge, but doesn't the Manifest just say which version you need to run? If two incompatible versions are specified by two different JARs, then you're still up a creek, right? If I understand this correctly, all the Manifest can do is make your application puke on startup instead of puking at runtime. It doesn't solve the problem of running two versions of a class at the same time.

David

Daniel