Phil Steitz wrote:

I agree with Kim that we can probably grab the QR decomp algorithm
from JAMA (have not looked recently, but I vaguely recall it being
there).  I will work on making sure that this does not present any
copyright problems.  Any suggestions / straw men for what the
interface should look like?

Jama contains the folowing decompositions:

Eigenvalue
SingularValue
Cholesky
LU
QR

Copyright: Has been released to the public domain. Quoted from thier website:

Copyright Notice This software is a cooperative product of The MathWorks and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) which has been released to the public domain.

Implementation is really straigth forward as thier package and ours is reather compatable.

Kim
--
http://www.kimvdlinde.com