The postGoal is not invoked... that's my problem.

It should be. If this is on jelly, I can give it a quick test now.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

(like, I think this too much btw, test)

That making "maven jar" always runs the unit-tests where there are situations (e.g. when working on the website) that the project.xml, maven.xml, project.properties, and all source files are not changed so that tests have no reasons to reflect anything new.

Right, we have definitely talked about: - making sure tests only run once per session - and/or only when changed.

Makes sense, but doesn't fit the current architecture well.

But I fear this is close to a religious war...

yep, that's why maven.test.skip exists

I prefer tests to be thick and covering a lot than being a snap...

Maven's encouragement is to run them often, and so keep them simple. If you have comprehensive, long tests like the memory leak tests, they should be a separate test suite, run pre-commit, through continuous integration, and pre-release but not necessarily for every change.

Most of the time, the thick tests tend to be integration tests rather than unit tests.

- Brett

paul