Mario Ivankovits wrote:
Just one additional idea:
Please design the internal data-store in a whay that it is serializable.

I'm using fields in the RamFileObject itself for all the various properties, contents, etc. (at least until I introduce RamFileContent -- right now I just have RamFileName, RamFileObject, RamFileProvider, RamFileSystem and RamFileSystemManager).

So if RamFileObject is serializable, so is the data store. I'll mark them with JSR-220 annotations so that Hibernate and others can serialize them automatically. How does that sound?

(I cannot reach hibernate.org right now (!?), but the page describing features for version 3 has a keen sample of the annotations.)

Cheers, --binkley