Hi,

As I mentioned a few months ago, I've been working on some ideas for
Digester 2.0. I've put some code and notes up on
  http://www.apache.org/~skitching

Comments from all commons-dev subscribers are welcome, but particularly
from Craig and Robert.

The RELEASE-NOTES.txt file gives a brief overview of what I've done so
far, and what I personally would like to see.

This is *not* intended to be final code, but rather to solicit yes/no
feedback on what people like/dislike about the posted code. As you will
see, many parts are still missing and I personally would still like to
see significant changes even to parts already included (see
RELEASE-NOTES.txt). However the basic structure is there, including a
number of controversial (I expect) name changes.

Once we get the general opinions out, and I have massaged the code into
something that meets general concensus I hope to then add it to the
sandbox for everyone to hack away at.

Cheers,

Simon