"Components cannot be released from the sandbox", correct.
This is done because we want components to move into commons proper.

There are 3 committers and contributions from the community. 11 months of development and a release plan towards a 1.0 release.
All signs showing a component ready for promotion.

So lets call a VOTE to promote feedparser, then you can have a release plan with one or more release candidates towards a final 1.0.

-- Dirk

Kevin A. Burton wrote:
I was just taking a look here:

And it says:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsEtiquette

The sandbox is a space provided by Jakarta for the development of experimental code by existing committers. It is divided into components.

Any Jakarta committer has the right ask for karma and have it granted. The right place to ask is on the commons-dev mailing list.

Components cannot be released from the sandbox.

I'm trying to get us to a point where we can release a 0.5 beta of FeedParser and then shortly after that (a month or so?) a 1.0 release candidate. I'm giving a talk on the FeedParser at CodeCon so I wanted to do a 0.5 or at least a tagged SVN before then.

But it looks like I can only have nightly builds in the sandbox.

Which brings up the question of whether or not I can move out of the sandbox and into commons proper or maybe into the incubator...

This has been brought up before due to the fact that we currently have multiple developers working on FeedParser and coordination is a bit of a pain when working in the sandbox.

Any thoughts?

Things are moving along nicely. We're getting some solid attention and patches from external developers and might be collaborating with the Rome developers or merging projects. We're proposing a joint presentation at JavaOne on the subject.

Thanks gang!

Kevin