To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 2:43 PM
Subject: [jxpath] optimize xpath query on xpath enabled containers

Hi,

Im am looking at executing jxpath queries against a model that supports lazy loading and queries. Queries like "[EMAIL PROTECTED] = ''test']" will be executed by looping through all nodes and testing if the expression is true for a node.
Because my model supports queries itself, It would be much faster to query the model and have the model itself execute the query that will load only the nodes for which the expression is true.
I saw a xalan integration in the code, possibly for the same purpose. Is there a way to extend jxpath with functionality that uses the model (or the nodepointer) itself to execute the rest of the query?

TIA,
Michael