Hello!
I'm curious what you find out about Commons Transactions. When I looked it over, it seemd to me designed with primitives for us to use to make our own transactions. I missed any ready-to-use code for this purpose. I wonder how much overlap there is with java.util.concurrent in the new JDK 5.
On their homepage they state they have done this for a java.io.File implementation.
JDK5: Dont forget, our target is jdk1.3 (even if I use 1.5 since it is out) You cant imagine how fast the first user shouted after I used (by mistake) a jdk 1.4 method.

---
Mario