Hi Woody,
Where did you post your proposals/patches? I'm very interested in improving
the i18n/contract components.
If you have any suggestions the best way is to describe the idea behind it
so that it can be discussed in the mailing list. You can also post the
related patches/files as attachment to a bugzilla entry (enhancement
request).
Please try to describe each single idea / enhancement and include some code
snippets in the mail if it makes the idea clearer.
Regarding the proposal of a ConfigManager:
I'd like to keep the components as simple as possible. I've understood that
we need to have the ability to have more than one MessageManager per VM. So
my proposal would be just to add a getInstance(String messageManager) method
to the MessageManager and get rid of the static methods.
But perhaps I've missed the point. So it would be great if you could explain
in more detail what the ConfigManager is for.

Cheers,
Daniel