On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 16:53 -0800, David Graham wrote:
> --- Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > From: "Torsten Curdt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >Regarding the FastHashMap: since the
> > use is more or less discouraged ...why
> > not deprecate it?
> >
> > Because it works on everything that its been tried on.
>
> It's more like no one has ever noticed it breaking.  I'm not certain
> whether we know it actually works.

In fact, it's more like "no-one has ever been sure enough that
FashHashMap has broken their app to file a bug report". If an
application misbehaves once in a while, it's almost impossible to
determine what the cause was, and therefore no bug report would ever get
filed.

I think FastHashMap should definitely be deprecated if there is a
possibility of intermittent failure.

Regards,

Simon