Presently I am having a horrible problem with font resources not being
deallocated.  I am using Tiger, Tomcat 5.0 and Struts 1.2.6 and every
image I create with a Font object involved leaves an unwelcome .tmp
file in the [TOMCAT_HOME]/temp directory.  Someone else solved this
problem by going to Tiger, but that has not worked for me.  Any
information on this?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:29:14 -0800 (PST), David Graham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Vic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Craig McClanahan wrote:
> >
> > > pay attention to
> > >the Javadocs for CatalogFactory.clear() ;-)
> > >

> > :-D :-D
> >
> > Sort of..."dealocate"?
> > SWT too, you to "dealocate" fonts you use.
>
> While that's technically true, I have been using SWT for over a year now
> and have never needed to dispose of any resources manually.  SWT provides
> Image and Font registries that handle that for you.  Also, all child
> controls are disposed when their parent is disposed.
>
> It's much nicer than some people would like you to believe.
>
> David
>

> > I grined for a day. 10 years later, we are full circle.
> >
> > .V
> >
> > --
> > Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>

The radiance of all the stars does not equal a sixteenth part of the
moon's radiance, likewise, good deeds giving us merit, all these do
not equal a sixteenth part of the merit of loving-kindness..