By the way, i've the same behaviour with an url like
ftp://myAccount:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/aFolderThatExist/aFileToCreate

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mario Ivankovits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 25 février 2005 12:55
À : Jakarta Commons Developers List
Objet : Re: RE : [VFS] Asking for a solution with Zip files

>Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
>folder "ftp://myAccount:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/" because it already
>exists and is a file.

I wonder why VFS tries to create the *root* folder.
Maybe the underlaying ftp-client do have some problems in parsing the
directory-listing ... maybe something with language settings.

Could you please provide a listing using a commandline ftp client - I
would like to see how the directory listoutput is formatted.

---
Mario