Thanks for the tip..  This also solved my last issues with packaging
email.  (I hope :-) ).

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Steitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 8:00 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [ANN][configuration]Release candidate 1.1RC2

Oliver Heger wrote:

>> NOTICE.txt is missing from source and binary distros and jar.
>

> Not sure about this. I used maven dist to build the distros. Do I have
> to tweak the maven.xml so that this file gets included?

To get it into the jar, add it as a build resource in project.xml:

<resources>
   <resource>
     <directory>${basedir}</directory>
       <includes>
         <include>NOTICE.txt</include>
       </includes>
       <targetPath>META-INF</targetPath>
   </resource>
</resources>

To get it into the top-level directories, you need to tweak maven.xml.
Here is one way to do it:

<preGoal name="dist:build-bin">
   <copy todir="${maven.dist.bin.assembly.dir}">
     <fileset file='${basedir}/NOTICE.txt'/>
   </copy>
</preGoal>
<preGoal name="dist:build-src">
   <copy todir="${maven.dist.src.assembly.dir}">
     <fileset file='${basedir}/NOTICE.txt'/>
   </copy>
</preGoal>

hth,