Time for me to eat my words. Ritual disemboweling etc.

I was too eager to view a statement that "a subproject could brand
itself as Apache Xxx providing there is no clash" (not an actual
quote, just highlighting the statement) as meaning Commons could goto
Apache Commons.

I took a question to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list of  whether it was true
that Jakarta Commons could move to commons.apache.org, and whether it
would be required to accept common libraries in other languages.

Seems that there is thought that a) the dead commons.apache.org might
still be a clash and b) that commons.apache.org should be language
independent, so although there are no categorical rulings that we
can't have a+b, they're not answers that we can take for granted
either in thinking on TLP-ness.

So, many apologies for misleading things. I think some good has come
of it in that it's pretty apparant that given the following two
assurances:

a) Jakarta Commons can move to commons.apache.org
b) Jakarta Commons can remain Java focused

there is a lot of support for Commons as a TLP, but without these two
assurances there is not a lot.

For the record, I'm +1 on Stephen/Phil's point of view that a
Java-only commons TLP is a +1, but otherwise it's a -1.

Hen