Rami Ojares wrote:

Could you still clarify what is the purpose of making
a relational database work as filesystem.

I think it would be a nice addition.

How valuable it is depends on the environment one has to work. E.g. if it is not possible to setup a ftp/ssh server but already have a working database connection (e.g. in webshop environments) it might be nice if VFS could use this database as filestore e.g. for pictures too. And then it is easier if we could use our well known interface to handle files instead of implementing all this JDBC stuff again.

Or maybe in an distributed environment. Multiple clients working with the same filesystem - again without setup for a fileserver.

Or what about fileupload forms? We could use the database as storage and dont have the risk someone uploads and executes a trojan.

We could leave the reorganisation to the database administrator.

It introduces no new dependency so why NOT do it and see if there are others finding other usages for it.

---
Mario