Martin Cooper wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I would enthusiastically support a webapp commons
> > as a separate project, to which we would accept
> > servlets, tag libs, etc.

> I too would support the creation of this type of commons project.

> It could also be a place to collect useful servlet filters,
> e.g. for compression.

> However, I don't think I'd want to see taglibs go there when we
> already have a Jakarta Taglibs project.

If the Taglibs folks were agreed, that could seed the WebApp Commons
project.  Kind of odd to have Servlets and Filters, and not have Tag
Libraries.  Especially when we start doing more with Tag Files.

Stephen seems of the same mind: "could perhaps be Jakarta Taglibs plus extra
stuff", and concurs with the idea of a WebApp Commons, rather than Web App
components in Jakarta Commons.

We have talked about this WebApp Commons before, but didn't follow-up with
it.  We could bring this up with the community and the PMC, but do we want
to approach the Tag Lib project first?  If so, who would like to do that?
Craig?

        --- Noel