It seems that the ResourceBundleMessageProvider and the XMLMessageProvider behaves differently when an entry does not exist in a non-default language. With ResourceBundles, if I have an entry, say
helloWorld.notTranslated=This entry is not translated to any other languages
that only exists in the default locale file, the entry will be included when calling getEntries() for *any* locale.

Whereas for XML, only the entries defined for the given locale will be returned.

Furthermore if the id ("parent") exists, but the entry ("child") does not, the ResourceBundleMessageProvider throws an exception (erroneously claiming "No message entries found for bundle with key ..."), while the XMLMessageProvider returns null.

Daniel, I assume the first issue is not intended but only a consequence of the most obvious implementation?
Does either need to be changed?

  Mattias Jiderhamn