Sorry about having taken several days to respond
here... I was unaware of the release status of the
code in question and my response was mainly reflex.  I
agree that making a public API as generic as possible
before an official release is the right thing to do.
Jakarta commons is, of course, made up of many
constituent components in various states and I will
stay cognizant of that in the future.

-Matt

--- Eric Spiegelberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree with you that breaking existing API's is a
> bad thing. However,
> the project is currently at 1.0-dev and the main
> page itself states:
>
>     * The code is unreleased
>     * Methods and classes can and will appear and
> disappear without warning
> [SNIP]

Yahoo! Mail