Max Zinal wrote:
Hello and have a good time of day!

I have recently discovered that Commons::Daemon 'parent' process performs
shutdown in case of a fatal error (SIGSEGV, SIGABRT, etc) in the 'child' process which runs the JVM. It seems to me that a better approach would be to restart
a failed child (maybe after a small delay, as a security measure).

That is what the jsvc is doing (See jsvc-unix.c around line 700).

Also I thought it would be nice to trace start, stop and reload attempts in a log file (stderr),
without extra bogus log_debug() messages.

So I've created this small patch which adds new function log_info() to
unconditionally trace non-errors, and replaced one 'return' in the parent's main
cycle with 'sleep(1); continue;'.

Hope this can be useful to someone else.

Write an error report (as enhancement) so that log_info() gets included in the next release.

--
  Max Zinal