Ah, good, feel free to nuke or redo my RELEASE-NOTES.txt changes.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Caswell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:38 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [lang] Release Candidiate 8 available

I agree with Gary. I don't have a problem putting the junit.jar into the
ant
lib folder. Simon has a good point about documenting the dependency.
IMHO
there should be a mention in the release notes with a fuller explanation
in
the developer's guide. I'll take a first cut and we can dress it up from

there.

On 6/1/05, Gary Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I think it is quite reasonable to use the junit task to invoke junit
> tests, IMO it is the best way since it is both clear and succinct.
>
> Invoking junit tests the old way feels to me like a bit of hack, it
just
> happens to work by some side effect. Using the junit task states: This
> is a junit test, run!
>
> Personally, I would not favor the taskdef approach. My view on the
> subject is that one's development environment has to be set up in a
> certain way and JUnit is part of that. We already need Java, Ant and
> Maven. JUnit in Ant is another layer.
>
> We can always change is back of course ;-)
>
> Gary

Steven Caswell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take back the web - http://www.mozilla.org