On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:35 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> The first public release candidate (RC3) for Betwixt 0.6.1 is now
> available for download:
> http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/. Please check and
> report any problems ASAP.

Hi Robert,

Here's some stuff re the site.

Many of these items are just minor typos, but I figured I may as well
pass on stuff once I'd spotted it. I don't mean to imply that all of
this needs fixing for 1.6.1!

===
The nightly builds link at the bottom of the welcome page is broken.

===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/examples#simple-example

  "it's" --> its (possessive has no apostrophe).

===
In the FAQ:

This entry has a grammar mistake:
 How can I stop Betwixt generating ID attribute values for my beans?
Perhaps which --> for??

Also the entry titled
  In what forms can Betwixt output the xml?
is perhaps out-of-date? SAXBeanWriter appears to be included in this
release...

And perhaps this entry is out-of-date?
  How can I make my extra digestion Rules work with Betwixt?

===
The SVN link only goes to the viewcvs link. I suggest also having a link
to the "raw" URL for subversion. This is much more helpful for locating
the string a user needs to pass to the subversion client app to do a
checkout.

The raw url is present, buried under
  Project Documentation | Project Info | Source Repository
but that isn't very obvious...

===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/binding.html

  XMLIntrotrospector --> XMLIntrospector
  preformance --> performance

===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/derived.html

 A derived bean is one which runtime class
  --> "whose runtime class"?

===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/writing.html
  implementating --> implementing

and there appears to be something wrong with this statement:
<quote>
  Using .betwixt files with DynaBeans is not yet supported and special
   behaviour of DynaBeans can be overridden by specifying a .betwixt
   file.
</quote>

gaurantee --> guarantee

===
Navbar:
  Menu item "Outputing The Results" --> "Outputting The Results"?
  Entry "Reading Beans(Advanced)" appears to be in bold for some reason
===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/output.html

Outputing --> Outputting
"SAXBeanWriter push results" --> ".. pushes results"

===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/integration.html

Cocooon has a few tooo many "o" characters
===
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/guide/tutorial.html
  ammendments --> amendments

===
Dependencies:
The bottom of the "tasks" page has
  * Upgraded commons-beanutils to 1.6.1.
  * Upgraded commons-digester to 1.5.
but the official Maven dependencies are beanutils-1.7 and digester-1.6
respectively.

===
Maven reports:

I would suggest disabling this report. Firstly, a log of the last 30
days isn't of much use. And secondly, due to the import into SVN of
back-dated CVS changes, date-based selection on the apache subversion
repository is broken, so the report is not just useless but actively
WRONG.

I suggest that "Developer Activity" and "File Activity" reports are also
useless, and (if based on SVN date selection) also wrong.

There are 28 warnings in the javadoc warnings report.

Regards,

Simon