So as suggested I am trying webdav now for
directory traversal ...but I've run into
problems there as well.

I've been debugging a bit. While the file
protocol works like charm using webdav I
get a "imaginary" type for "test" which results
in a "not existing" and a straight abort of
the traversal.

 FileSystemManager fsManager = VFS.getManager();
 FileObject base = fsManager.resolveFile(
        // "file:/Users/tcurdt/Sites/test");
        "webdav://localhost/~tcurdt/Sites/test");

 final FileSelector osdSelector = new FileSelector() {
    public boolean includeFile( FileSelectInfo info ) throws Exception {
        return "osd".equals(info.getFile().getName().getExtension());
    }
    public boolean traverseDescendents( FileSelectInfo info )
        throws Exception {
        return true;
    }
 };

 final FileObject[] osds = base.findFiles(osdSelector);

 if (osds.length == 0) {
    System.out.println("did not find anything");
 }

 for (int i = 0; i < osds.length; i++) {
    System.out.println(osds[i]);
 }

Any idea what's going on? Shouldn't the
type of "test" be "directory" instead of
"imaginary"?

cheers
--
Torsten