>One thing you should know is the algorithms implemented in
>"Numerical
>Recipes" are copyrighted under terms
>that are incompatible with the Apache
>license.

Thanks, I'll look for the alternate citations.

Unhopefully, the description of the project had to be sent to Google before
July, 14 that is why I can't change the discription itself now, but I think
I will manage to find alternate routines with the compatible license in the
web.

Rostyslav.

______________

>From: "Brent Worden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'Jakarta Commons Developers List'" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: [math] FW: [interest in] SummerOfCode2005 >"commons-math"
project
>Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:51:53 -0500

One thing you should know is the algorithms implemented in "Numerical
Recipes" are copyrighted under terms that are incompatible with the Apache
license.  As such, commons-math can not contain any code derived from these
routines.  The precedent we have established is to not allow any code
developed using NR as a source and instead find alternate citations for the
algorithms detailed in NR.

I would suggest you change your focus from the PRNG routines laid out in NR
and research some other routines.  Two that come to my mind that have been
released under public domain terms are George Marsaglia's "The Mother of All
Random Number Generators" and the Mersenne Twister.

Brent Worden