On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 21:57 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> > > Since log4j is on the classpath, they'd have to do
> > use
> > > commons-logging.properties anyway.
> >
> > Well, I have a patch to propose which will change
> > that :-)
> >

> Related to the comment you just added to
> LogFactoryImpl?

Yes. I had actually implemented the code to try all possible classes
before trying the parent classloader - then I saw the flaw in my logic.

So I'm going to throw my code away; the comment is all that will ever
see the light :-)

Re the JBoss stuff: I'm getting a little confused now. Rather than make
an attempt to summarise the info myself do you think you might write a
few paragraphs about how JCL might behave in JBoss and add it here?
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/FAQ
If the information gets too large, perhaps a new page should be created
with the FAQ entry just giving a one-line intro and then pointing to
it...

Cheers,

Simon