My first reaction is that cross-posting is bad e-mail etiquette. My
second reaction is that users do not get votes. I think it would be
fine if you want to take a *poll* on the user list to see what people
think, post the results to the dev list, and perhaps follow up with a
vote on the dev list only. That way, the vote by the developers is
informed by the opinions of the users.

--
Martin Cooper