My reasoning behind using a semicolon is that this is the defined
statement in the Language Specification for denoting an empty
statement, and something that code checkers/syntax parsers/etc can
easily be told to look for. One syntax, no ambiguity. As opposed to
comments which are not the language-specified way to indicate an empty
statement, are ambiguous, and make it difficult for checkers to
discover.

On 6/29/05, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Steven Caswell wrote:
> > Actually, I was proposing to leave the ; in to mark the empty
> > statement (sorry I wasn't clear).
>
> I'd prefer not to have the ; if possible. It just looks and feels very
> odd, esp. when a comment would do logically.
>
> Stephen

Steven Caswell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take back the web - http://www.mozilla.org