Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
At 2005-07-18 01:27, Simon Kitching:
... or
  cp ${real-1.0-jar} commons-cli-1.0b.jar

Yes.

The minimum necessary is:
 cp ${real-1.0-jar} commons-cli-1.0.jar

The 1.0b is, like 1.0.1, not IMO actually needed. But if others really want a specific named maven tag, then it avoids the question of a release, focussing on viewing the problem as a distribution via maven issue.
 cp ${real-1.0-jar} commons-cli-1.0b.jar

The site dist (zips/tars) etc. do not change. I want to re-emphasise my point - this is a maven/repository issue - therefore we should not re-release.

Simon Kitching wrote:
> ====
> How do you plan to update the CLI website without a new release?
> As svn tags are actually branches I guess it's possible to modify
> the xdocs/index.xml file within tags/CLI_1_0 though that's not
> entirely elegant.

> Note also that the commons-build setup has moved on so that the
> CLI website can't be built against the current commons-build. I
> guess it's possible to get the commons-build that was current at
> the time CLI was released (Nov 2002) and use that to generate the
> website. However this means the generated site will still be referring
> to CVS and contain a number of other obsolete pieces of information.

There is life outside maven! You could just hack the generated html.

Perhaps better would be to build a brand new copy of CLI website from HEAD? Just delete the javadocs directory before uploading it.

a) create a new page in HEAD describing the problem (IMHO not on the home page, as its not that important a problem really)

b) maven site

c) manually delete the javadoc directory, and any other directory you want to keep from 1.0

d) maven site:sshdeploy

(nb. this was written in 2 minutes so I may have missed a step)

Stephen