From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 4:07 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [lang][POLL] text package's mapped replace classes a.k.a.
interpolation

Gary Gregory wrote:

I'd like to get the feel of the community on whether VariableFormat

can

replace Interpolation and MappedMessageFormat? These two latter

classes

would be removed.

Certainly this will be the goal, as the current classes have too much
duplication.

My goal is to hopefully pick one (VariableFormat) and beef up those
tests (VariableFormatTest) and start moving towards a 2.2 release

with

the focus being on the a small text package. A la XP: release early,
release often. :-)

+1

text will (it seems) consist of VariableFormat, StrTokenizer and
StrBuilder. Perhaps somewhere we can find a fast thread-safe
NumberFormat class too.

Stephen