On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 16:18 +0200, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Tomasz Pik wrote:
> >>* Process destroyer: adds itself as a shutdown hook, Execute adds and
> >>removes created processes to ensure that they are correctly destroyed
> >>when the JVM stops.
> >

> > I'm sure it works in Ant but I'm worry about using such solution in
> > server-side
> > applications where JVM (in therory) do not stop - just application is being
> > redeployed over and over.
>
> I agree. Right now everything is tuned for Ant-type applications (quick
> runs). In the case of long-runnings JVMs a Watchdog is more appropriate.
> In the current code I got the ProcessDestroyer is not optional but I'll
> make a note of fixing that.

The folks developing Continuum would certainly like to help work on
something that is usable in a server environment. We use some command
line utilities to call various build tools and we'd love to be able to
use the tool developed here instead of maintaining our own (which we
borrowed from CruiseControl -- some other people that might want to help
contribute to this cause).

> Thanks!
>
> /niklas

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown