I am trying to extend the functionality of IntRange based on Martin
Fowler's Analysis Pattern of "Range" to model a street Address Range.

http://www.martinfowler.com/ap2/range.html

So for example, a street "Joe Blow St" will have an associated
AddressRange of 2000-2999 etc...

I wanted to extend IntRange and add the functions mentioned in the
"Range" pattern and add some more: for e.g. to check if its valid range
(ideally in a constructor or a isValid() method). Right now I am forced
into cut pasting IntRange in my AddressRange class which extends
org.apache.commons.lang.math.Range. I would ideally like to just extend
IntRange. Why are these classes finalized? Is it just because of
security as David Wheeler says in #8
http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs/Secure-Programs-HOWTO/java.html

Btw, Commons is cool! I am also using MultiKey and MultiKeyMap to
figure out errors in street attributes.

Thanks in advance!